EB-2 Immigration Visa to the US
You may be eligible for an employment-based, second preference visa if you are a member of the professions holding an advanced degree or its equivalent, or a foreign national who has exceptional ability.
The job you apply for must require an advanced degree. You must possess such a degree or its equivalent. It’s equivalent is considered to be a baccalaureate degree plus five years’ progressive work experience in the field). Documentation, such as:
an official academic record showing that you have a U.S. advanced degree or a foreign equivalent degree, or
an official academic record showing that you have a U.S. baccalaureate degree, or
a foreign equivalent degree and letters from current or former employers showing that you have at least five years of progressive post-baccalaureate work experience in your specialty.
You must be able to show exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business. Exceptional ability means “a degree of expertise significantly above that ordinarily encountered in the sciences, arts, or business.” You must meet at least three of the following criteria:
- Official academic record showing that you have a degree, diploma, certificate, or similar award from a college, university, school, or other institution of learning relating to your area of exceptional ability.
- Letters documenting at least 10 years of full-time experience in your occupation.
- A license to practice your profession or certification for your profession or occupation.
- Evidence that you have commanded a salary or other remuneration for services that demonstrates your exceptional ability.
- Membership in a professional association(s).
- Recognition for your achievements and significant contributions to your industry or field by your peers, government entities, professional or business organizations.
What help can you get if you contact ACS Law Offices?
EB2 petition drafted unprofessionally is a common problem when it is filed by an attorney with little experience in the intricacies of US immigration legislation. It will be a waste of time and money to use their services. If you have just started your journey towards obtaining an immigrant visa, we recommend you to get qualified help from a legal firm with a good reputation.